Louisiana Managed Medicaid Association
What We Do
More than 1.6 million Louisiana residents receive health care coverage through the Medicaid health plans of the Louisiana Managed Medicaid Association. We collaborate with government partners, providers, community organizations and our members to improve health, encourage whole-person wellness, and responsibly manage health care costs.
How We Help
LMMA serves the State of Louisiana and the Legislature as a collaborative partner in improving the Medicaid program; a convener of health plans and stakeholders around shared concerns; a source of health policy experience and expertise; and a resource for information, research and ideas.
- Expert consultation on potential legislative strategies and bill review
- Joint recommendations on policy questions and proposals
- Understanding the financial impact the MCOs provide for Louisiana
- Advocacy and support for public health initiatives
- Coalition building across healthcare payers, providers and stakeholders
- Coordination among MCOs for shared initiatives and concerns
Who We Are
The Medicaid health plans of the Louisiana Managed Medicaid Association are: